Tips for Budget Travellers
Backpacker or hostel style accommodation has its own relaxed and social quality. Here we've put together information in the form of a few tips
and FAQs to help make your stay at the Bendigo Backpacker more enjoyable.
- Where is Bendigo?
- What type of accommodation is Bendigo Backpackers?
- Do you need to be a backpacker to stay at the Bendigo Backpacker?
- How central is the Backpackers to downtown Bendigo?
- How long can I stay at Bendigo Backpackers?
- Do I need to bring bed linen?
- Can I prepare my own food?
- What features and facilities are provided?
- What tips would make my stay more enjoyable?
- Why stay at Bendigo Backpackers?
Where is the city of Bendigo, Australia?
Bendigo is in the central region of the state of Victoria, in the south-eastern area of Australia. It's situated about 150 km north-west of Melbourne and is
easy to reach via car or train.
What type of accommodation is Bendigo Backpackers?
Bendigo Backpackers provides shared facility budget accommodation suitable for individuals and small groups. This central hostel is an attractive and comfortable converted home in downtown Bendigo, offering short stay accommodation with a large communal kitchen, as well as sitting rooms, dining room, and a courtyard area in which to socialise and relax. It has 6 bedrooms which vary in size, sleeping 2 to 8 persons per room — 27 people in total mdash; and a number of shared bathrooms. [More about our affordable rooms and facilities]
Do you need to be a backpacker to stay at the Bendigo Backpacker?
No, you don’t have to be a backpacker to stay at Bendigo Backpackers! We’re ideally suited to meet a variety of short stay accommodation needs for both individuals and those wanting to make small group bookings, including:
- Contractors, tradesmen and other workers
- Apprentices undertaking trade school classes
- Participants in sporting and other competitions
- Family group weekends
- Sports groups on end-of-season trips
- School camp groups
We provide friendly and affordable accommodation to stay in while working in central Victoria, or from which to explore Bendigo’s historical, cultural and scenic attractions. We warmly welcome Australian and international travellers!
How central is the Backpackers to downtown Bendigo?
Bendigo Backpackers is situated in a quiet, residential area just two blocks (approx. 300 metres) from the centre of Bendigo, close to shopping, dining and entertainment — and easy walking distance to the train station! [View map of our location]
How long can I stay at Bendigo Backpackers?
Minimum stay: 1 night
Maximum stay: 7 nights
Check in: 2 pm
Check out: 11 am
Availability & Bookings: Visit Booking.com
Do I need to bring bed linen?
All bed linen is supplied, however, you do need to bring your own towel.
Can I prepare my own food?
Our kitchen facilities make preparing your own food a practical and inexpensive option while you’re travelling. This is particularly useful if you’re vegan or need to accommodate dietary considerations such as gluten intolerance, or other food allergies.
What features and facilities are provided?
Bendigo Backpackers is air-conditioned, smoke-free, wheelchair accessible, and offers free wi-fi. We also have ducted heating, free laundry facilities (you must provide your own washing powder), beer garden, snack food and drink vending machine.
What tips would make my stay more enjoyable?
Here are a few tips to help make your stay more enjoyable at Bendigo Backpackers:
- Headphones are great for watching movies or listening to music on your own device.
- If you want to use the free laundry, don't forget to bring your own laundry detergent.
- Please bring your own towel. Towels are not provided.
- If staying in a shared dorm room, some travellers like to use earplugs. A practical idea any time you travel!
Why stay at Bendigo Backpackers?
Bendigo Backpackers is the perfect place to stay for those travelling on a budget; not only do we provide friendly, clean and secure
accommodation, we offer a central location and the chance to meet new people.
[Top of page]